Friday 27 November 2009

We're Back

Well we arrived back from our trip from Uluru to Darwin early. I will up date every one on our travels in a few days as Dad is still here and is due to fly back to the UK later today.

We arrived home to bush fires and the Hawkesbury being declared a Section 44 (all hands on deck). Unfortunately I was still on light duties and could not volunteer to help. Once seeing my consultant I was given the go ahead.

This Wednesday I arrived at the brigade station at 6.30am and returned at 7.30pm. Noope no fire fighting but support for our volunteer helicopter pilots and crew. What an interesting day to see these helis come and go knowing that they were water bombing those areas of bush that are unaccessible to fire fighters.Well here is my favourite big girl, I say girl coz she is called "Wild Cat" so got to be a girl.
And this one has to be the all time fave girl helicopter.
An awesome job these guys do.
To check on NSW bushfires - click here.
For Grose Wold RFS - click here.

No comments: