Tuesday 26 February 2008

Lightning, Thunder, Hail & Everything is Off

This is a quick post for me. Very quiet on the computer as we have had it switched off and unplugged for the last couple of hours. We have had warnings of severe storms so didn't want to risk a repeat of previous events. The last storms we had we lost our Digi Box, Modem and the pool pump went tits up, all due to a power surge from the storm. We take no risks now, never, anytime, anywhere. Computer switched off and unplugged, telephones unplugged and TV and aerial switched off and unplugged. Me?? I then sit out on the deck (covered), read a book and get withdrawal symptoms from being off the computer. LOL :-)

3 comments:

CopperSpringsLeather said...

I like watching the lightening, but I don't like the destruction it can leave behind. My neighbor's house struck by lighting and caused a power surge for us. Luckily not to much damage for us. They weren't as lucky.

Dharma Designs said...

Oh my - hope all is well! My In-laws are visiting Australia for two months and have written us that they love it. Best wishes!

Beadsme said...

Hey thanks guys. Forecast is we a re in for some more over the next few days. DOH!