Thursday 1 January 2009

Our First Day Of 2009

What did we do for our first day of 2009?

Decided to get up relatively early to take the dogs down a part of the river with a little beach. They loved their little adventure. Toby, our baby surprised us both by actually swimming.
He looks so cute. So why doesn't he jump in our pool with us??? Weird!!!

The rest of the day was spent by our pool having a wonderful lazy day. I managed to finish book 2 of the Twilight series and Barry tinkered around in his shed with his Monkeybike.

Now and then the heat took over and we just jumped into the pool. I love my pool when it is hot like this.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for the pups -- I'm sure they loved it. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, sounds lovely. I spent mine turning on the oven early due to the freezing temperatures outside. Thanks for sharing some warm pictures.. I cannot wait for spring.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's so cute!

Chrisy said...

Toby looks very much at home in this beautiful environment....maybe he can smell the chemicals of the pool...who knows....but oh this natural setting is inviting...

Duni said...

Want to trade places? ☺
How I'd love to be sitting by a pool now...sigh.

Anyway, a happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

Rosebud Collection said...

Happy New Year..I have been very sloppy keeping up with my blogging friends..Want to start the year off right..Glad someone is warm..mighty cold here in Maine..

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

My dog isn't fond of clean pool water but get him next to a dirty lake or creek and he's wading around and enjoying himself. Maybe your dog's the same way?

The Silver Age Sara said...

I loved the photos of the dogs swimming. Looks like they are having a great time. And, a pool. I'm very envious!

storybeader said...

looks like a great day! We had a black lab/chow that was afraid of water...weird!

Ish said...

Happy Healthy New Year to you and your family!!!

KAT said...

I have finished all 4 books in the Twilight series, and am going thru withdrawal!! lol

Have you read #3 yet?? It is sooo much better than #2, and just wait till you get to 4! Whew!

I wrote numerous articles about them on my site....

I'm glad you had a relaxing day, and my black lab refused to go into a pool too (although hers was a kiddie pool...lol but take her to the beach and she went wild!!

Take care,
Kat